Megatrends or structural shifts emerging in the economic macro environment are shaping our world by driving a change in the global economy, business and society. Corporations that understand and leverage megatrends can shape business strategies accordingly to become more resilient and transformative in the future.
In collaboration with the World Economic Forum, Roland Berger has developed a comprehensive study for analyzing and understanding global megatrends. The Compendium 2030 underlines the seven most significant megatrends, critical for companies seeking sustainable growth in a rapidly changing global environment and better methods of governing current and future risks and opportunities.
- Megatrend 1: Demographic dynamics
- Megatrend 2: Globalization & future markets
- Megatrend 3: Scarcity of resources
- Megatrend 4: Climate change & ecosystem at risk
- Megatrend 5: Dynamic technology & innovation
- Megatrend 6: Global knowledge society
- Megatrend 7: Sustainability & global responsibility
Credits: Roland Berger, “Megatrends: A Bigger Picture For a Better Strategy.” Accessed: December 20, 2020.